Due to Full lock down in Chennai
- Chennai Pin code - Every Friday/Saturday Delivery will be done
- Other Places - Orders placed will be shipped twice every week.
- Minimum ordering amount have been revised to Rs.1000.
- Deliveries will be delayed due to Lock down of Cities.
- Containment or restricted areas due to Govt or Police will not be served. Such orders will be cancelled and 25% CANCELLATION CHARGE will be deducted.
- All India PIN CODES Serviceable via India Post will be served. Orders from Pin Codes not serviceable via any courier service will be cancelled and 25% CANCELLATION CHARGE will be deducted
- Refund will be made as reward points or transfer to source account.
- Delivery to Delhi is not available due to restriction from courier services.
Musumusukkai - Paripushkara Rice Saadham Podi 100gms
name: Mukia Scabrella
Sanskrit: Bijagarbha, Karkasa, Karkasacchada, Kulaka, Meki
Hindi: Palval, Palwal, Parvar, Parwal
Bengali: Potol, Patol
English: Pointed gourd
Malayalam: Kattu-potolam, Patolam
Tamil: Kombuppudalai, Musumusukai, Peypputalai, Amirtapalai
A dioecious climber with perennial root stock; stem slender, angled, hispid. Tendrils usually forked. Leaves 7.5 * 5 cm, ovate-oblong or cordate, acute, sinuate-dentate, rough on both surfaces.
This species is found in wild state only in the plains of North India from Punjab to Assam. It is also cultivated throughout the warmer regions of India like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Assam for its fruits and throughout India ascending up to 1,800 mtr in the Hills. The plant requires humid and hot climate. Propagation is done by root or stem cuttings. Early planting is done during February-April and late planting form May to July.
Parts used: Leaf
Musumusukai is typically low in calories, low in fat, high in protein per calorie, high in dietary fiber, high in iron and calcium, and very high in phytochemicals such as vitamin C, carotenoids, lutein, folate as well as Vitamin K.
Siddha Medicinal Benefits:
If you take musumusukai leaves with your food, it will reduce sneeze problem, Boil the leaf juice with gingelly oil and apply topically on the head before taking bath to cure Asthma.
Musumusukkai - Paripushkara Rice Saadham Podi 100g
- Product Code: model_1677
- Availability: In Stock