Due to Full lock down in Chennai
- Chennai Pin code - Every Friday/Saturday Delivery will be done
- Other Places - Orders placed will be shipped twice every week.
- Minimum ordering amount have been revised to Rs.1000.
- Deliveries will be delayed due to Lock down of Cities.
- Containment or restricted areas due to Govt or Police will not be served. Such orders will be cancelled and 25% CANCELLATION CHARGE will be deducted.
- All India PIN CODES Serviceable via India Post will be served. Orders from Pin Codes not serviceable via any courier service will be cancelled and 25% CANCELLATION CHARGE will be deducted
- Refund will be made as reward points or transfer to source account.
- Delivery to Delhi is not available due to restriction from courier services.
This rice is indigenous to India which is naturally hardy and pest resistant reducing the dependence on pesticides. Its growing duration is short, and can therefore be grown throughout the year in all 3 seasons. Kullakar is also highly resistant to pests and disease.Indigenous rice is not needy; different varieties have adapted themselves to different land conditions from alkaline soil to saline soils, and in drought prone areas and waterlogged areas.
It possesses antioxidant properties, and has higher zinc and iron content than white rices. They also strengthen, regenerate, and energise the body, regulate blood pressure, and prevent skin diseases and premature aging. Kullakkar rice contains complex carbohydrates that are good for health.
It is now known that flavonoid and anthocyanin compounds are closely related to the antioxidation properties of black rice (Zhang et al. ., 2005). Oki et al. (2005) found that the DPPH (1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl) radical scavenging activity is higher in red rices than in black and white rices, and that this activity is correlated with polyphenols and proanthocyanidin content. Considering that the highest scavenging activity due to the presence of polyphenols is in red rices than in black and white rices (Oki et al. ., 2005), red rices could once again find favour with health-conscious consumers. It is high time that people in India took a fresh look at similar properties in the vast pool of indigenous red rices. There is also a dire need for clinical validation of the medicinal value of red rices reported in ancient literature, and for research on food preparations such as poha (flake rice), noodles, and sewai (vermicelli) from red rices.
This rice is suitable to make idly, dosai and porridge.
Kullakkar Rice 1Kg
- Product Code: model_488
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Kullakkar Rice 1Kg, Organic Rice, Kullakkar Rice, Kullakkar Arisi, Rice, Organic Rice, buy Kullakkar Arisi, buy Kullakkar Arisi online, buy Kullakkar Arisi in chennai, buy Kullakkar Arisi online chennai, buy Kullakkar Arisi in chennai, buy Kullakkar Arisi online chennai, Traditional rice, organic rice