- Minimum ordering amount have been temporarily changed to Rs.1500.
- Our Delivery charges have been temporarily changed due to Lock down situation.
- Deliveries will be delayed due to Lock down of Cities.
- Containment or restricted areas due to Govt or Police will not be served. Such orders will be cancelled and 25% CANCELLATION CHARGE will be deducted.
- ONLY CHENNAI PIN CODES will be served. Orders from non Chennai Pin Codes will be cancelled and 25% CANCELLATION CHARGE will be deducted
- Refund will be made as reward points or transfer to source account.
Organic Brown Sugar 1kg. Brown unrefined sugar is a sucrose sugar product with a distinctive brown color due to the presence of molasses. It is either an unrefined or partially refined soft sugar consisting of sugar crystals with some residual molasses content (natural brown sugar), or it is produced by the addition of molasses to refined white sugar (commercial brown sugar).
When sugar cane arrives from the fields, sugar millers grind and press it to extract the sweet juices. Crystals that form in the liquid are granules called raw sugar. After going through filtration and hot water washes, the sugar contains 96 percent sucrose and 4 percent of plant materials contained in the mother liquid. Vacuum-drying this product leaves a golden brown color and sweet taste but very little nutritional value, except for calories from the carbohydrate content. The raw sugar can either go to the consumer or to the refinery for further processing.
filtering out plant trash and raw sugar crystals, millers slowly
evaporate the liquid, resulting in a rich, brown mixture called
molasses. Molasses contains 46 percent dissolved sucrose and other
sugars; 3 percent protein; small amounts of minerals like calcium,
phosphorous, magnesium and sulfur; trace elements such as copper, iron,
manganese and zinc; and B-vitamins. Molasses is used for both human and
animal consumption. Producers may also mix it with raw sugar to
facilitate transport to a refinery, or with white sugar to yield brown
Mixing white sugar crystals with various amounts of molasses results in a soft, lumpy product called brown sugar. The amount of molasses added depends on the producer, but you could expect light brown sugar to contain 3.5 percent molasses, while dark brown sugar might contain 6.5 percent molasses.Brown sugar imparts the taste of molasses to recipes and adds moisture to make a softer texture.
Organic Brown Sugar
- Product Code: model_1696
- Reward Points: 3
- Availability: Out Of Stock